[cisco-voip] 12.5 SU3 is Out - Important change (IMO)

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Fri Aug 14 15:54:22 EDT 2020

What’s HA Proxy?

From: cisco-voip <cisco-voip-bounces at puck.nether.net> On Behalf Of Matthew Loraditch
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2020 3:08 PM
To: cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: [cisco-voip] 12.5 SU3 is Out - Important change (IMO)

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the University of Guelph. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. If in doubt, forward suspicious emails to IThelp at uoguelph.ca<mailto:IThelp at uoguelph.ca>

Some may have heard of the work to help make performance better and here’s a neat little caveat for the new HAProxy for Tomcat:

“Restart of the Cisco TFTP service will temporarily result in the unavailability of the web services up to 10 seconds on that node where HAProxy undergoes restart.”

I know at least in my environments I restart TFTP during business hours when necessary. Need to think about that more in smaller environments since now you could be turning off AXL and such briefly.

See here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/12_5_1/SU3/cucm_b_release-notes-for-cucm-imp-1251su3/cucm_m_about-this-release.html#concept_297A520DF0A0B5830F2B916C4CBC88E3

Matthew Loraditch​
Sr. Network Engineer
p: 443.541.1518<tel:443.541.1518>
w: www.heliontechnologies.com<http://www.heliontechnologies.com/>