[cisco-voip] CUCM requirements for AD account import - anything else other than SN=* (non-empty) ?

Hunter Fuller hf0002 at uah.edu
Thu Jan 30 18:25:35 EST 2020

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 4:51 PM Lelio Fulgenzi <lelio at uoguelph.ca> wrote:

> We can’t filter on anything telephone number based. Sounds silly, but the
> information in the directory doesn’t always jive with what someone wants,
> extension wise.

This was true for us. Our solution was to populate the ipPhone field with
their real phone number and populate telephoneNumber with what they wanted
to appear in the directory (e.g., their admin assistant, or for some people
in IT it's the help desk, etc. etc.). Then UCM/Unity use the ipPhone
attribute for provisioning and all is well in the world.