[cisco-voip] Expressway Cluster failover for MRA

Gerence Guan cisco.guan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 03:14:52 EDT 2020

Hi Everyone.

I was googling the answer for MRA failover and found this maillist.
Got a similar setup as Jonathan's environment.
Having a pair of expressway C&E in primary DC, and planning to setup
another pair of expressway C&E in the DR site. All MRA should go via
primary DC, only use DR site when primary is down.

Can I achieve this with different priorities in SRV? Anyone tested  or make
it working?

Best Regards,
Guan

*>>>>>>* We have two pairs of Expressway clusters (C/E) at two different
*>>>* locations (primary and DR)...
*>>>>>>* The cluster is up, however, we want to make sure that we are in
*>>>* Active/Standby.
*>>>>>>* Currently, we have one of our SRV records for collab-edge set at 5 (the
*>>>* backup is at 10) with the same weight.
*>>>>>>* The clustering guide says we should set the priority and weight on both
*>>>* SRV records the same, which will cause half of the registrations to go to
*>>>* the DR site. It is far away and has less capability.
*>>>>>>* How do we:
*>>>>>>* 1 - Make sure the primary site handles all MRA registrations and the DR
*>>>* site is only used when the primary is down.
*>>>* 2 = Make sure failover occurs automatically... currently Jabber users
*>>>* have to log out and back in to connect to the DR site.
*>>>