[cisco-voip] CUBE Config Dial Peers

Anthony Holloway avholloway+cisco-voip at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 18:28:39 EDT 2020

Brian,

Nice and clean, I like it!  Very similar to what I do.  I'd like to
comment/question yours a bit.

1. While I like that you can give a uri profile a name like ISP, I much
prefer to stick with numbers, since for most things, you must use numbers
when naming, so this keeps it consistent.
2. I don't specify the port in my server groups, since 5060 is default, but
I can see how it might help be more explicit for some people
3. Speaking of being explicit though, if that is your intention, I would
recommend pref 1 and pref 2, instead of implied pref 0 and pref 1
4. Why didn't you should your translation profiles and rules too?
5. I don't specify UDP as the transport, since it's the default, but again,
being explicit doesn't hurt anything
6. I like the extra dtmf on there.  too many configs are limited to rtp-nte
only and mtps are being invoked for every call to UCCX as one example
7. Why do you drop your fax rate down from 14400 to 9600 as a standard?  I
might learn something here, as faxing is not my strongest area.
8. Since you're doing DPGs, you don't need the destination-pattern .T
command on the outbound DPs.
9a. Why are you not doing sip options ping?  I would, and in which
case you need
a voice class sip options-keepalive profile
<https://community.cisco.com/t5/telepresence-and-video/sip-options-ping-and-session-server-group-on-dial-peer/td-p/2994584>
since you're using server groups.
9b. Also, if you do end up turning on options, you do in fact need a
destination-pattern command, and in which case, since it's not being used
for call routing, I just use like ABC123 as the pattern to ensure it never
can be used, but also, mildly clear it's not supposed to be used

I'll post a config as well, in a bit, and please feel free to
comment/question mine.