[cisco-voip] Ported to SIP carrier - some calls still coming in old carrier

Riley, Sean SRiley at robinsonbradshaw.com
Thu Jul 8 12:33:57 EDT 2021

We ported about 700 DID's yesterday, from our PRI carrier to a new SIP carrier. Everything is working great, except I still see some calls coming into the old H323 gateways connected to the old carrier.  If I make a test call from my cell phone to the called number seen on the old gateway, the call routes through our new SIP gateway as expected.  Observing over the past 2 days it does seem that some of the calls are from the same "calling ID" and number.

Could it just take time for the port to propagate to other carriers and this will eventually work itself out over the coming days?  Or could there be something else causing calls from specific callers to still route through our old PRI carrier?

Thanks for any advice or knowledge you can share on this.

Sean.