[cisco-voip] Faxing over CUBE SIP Trunks

JASON BURWELL JASON.BURWELL at foundersfcu.com
Mon Jun 21 14:26:13 EDT 2021

Can anyone offer some guidance doing faxing over SIP Trunks? Ever since switching to CUBE SIP trunks I've been having challenges with outbound faxes. With one provider, it rarely works, the other it works most of the time but is not reliable. Sometime it fails and I resend it and works fine. I have an Xmedius Fax Server using T38 with G711 fallback. Feel like I am missing something, I've had a few cases open and a mix of fingerpointing (XMedius/Cisco/Provider) and dead ends but no solid resolution. Just figured I'd ask out here before I escalate these cases again. Both providers use G711 codec on the trunks. When I point the calls pack to MGCP PRI I have no issues.

Thanks
Jason