[cisco-voip] No Custom Background Images after CUCM 14

Bill Talley btalley at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 10:29:47 EDT 2023

I assume you’re saying the images don’t appear under Wallpapers on the phones?  Have you verified the appropriate Desktops directory on the tftp server?  I assume yes to these questions below since TAC appears to directing you towards the sgn files.  Explanation for these questions is below.

- List.xml is present and contains all of the correct file names/references?
- Background images and thumbnail files are present?

I recently did a standard upgrade from cucm 12.5 to 14Su2 and on the pub, the upgrade didn’t copy the custom images to the new partition and List.xml was replaced with the default file so only the default images appeared under wallpapers.    On the sub, the List.xml was copied during the upgrade, but the images were not.   I ended up downloading the original files from the tftp directory on the  inactive  partition the uploading them via OS Admin and restarting tftp.   This happened for two different phone models but not all phone models.

Sent from my iPhone with bery tiny touchscreeb input keys, please excude my typtos.