[dc-ops] Low-End Switches with Dual Power

Jake Khuon khuon at NEEBU.Net
Wed Sep 7 20:28:16 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-09-07 at 20:09 -0400, Matt Ryanczak wrote:
> On 09/07/2011 07:51 PM, Scott Berkman wrote:
> > Does anyone have a good recommendation for a 1U (or similar) managed switch
> > with dual power inputs, preferably A/C?
>
> arista makes switches with dual hot-swappable psus:
>
> http://www.aristanetworks.com/en/products/7048

Brocade's got some as well.

http://www.brocade.com/products/all/switches/product-details/vdx-6710-dc-switches/overview.page

Force10 (erm... I mean Dell) also makes some.

http://www.force10networks.com/products/s60.asp

Another option is to roll your own if you have in-house staff with the
talent.  The Arista and Force10 switches mentioned above are likely
built upon the same hardware as the Pronto 3920.

http://www.prontosys.net/pronto3920.htm

These can also be found in the form of Quanta branded switch hardware.
Pick your favourite brand of available layer2 control plane software and
you can crank them out at a fraction of the cost.

--
/*=================[ Jake Khuon <khuon at NEEBU.Net> ]=================+
 | Packet Plumber, Network Engineers     /| / [~ [~ |) | | -------- |