[dev-disc] FW: List of common tools

Chris Ormstrup cormstrup at tmi-canada.com
Wed Jun 4 15:50:14 EDT 2003

I am working with an asset management application that has its own
network auto discovery tool.
What I would like to know is what other tools that a company might
already possess that may assist or speed up population of asset
inventory.
I am looking for quick list of common network management tools that have
the capability to export a list of discovered devices.(network devices
and desktops etc.)
Such as SMS etc.

If some one can point me toward the appropriate references or has
experiences in a similar area that I could benefit from. It would be a
great help.

Thanks
Chris Ormstrup