[ednog] Anyone using the ISC DHCPD failover protocol?

Chris Fabri fabric at northwestern.edu
Wed Sep 21 14:40:45 EDT 2005

Andrew W. Elble wrote:
 > Hi all!
 >
 >   Quick question, is anyone using ISC's DHCP server configured with
 > the failover protocol/replication enabled? What have your experiences
 > been? Would you recommend it in a production environment?

I'm also looking into this.   My understanding is that beyond the
dhcpd.config and leases issues, you also need to keep your configs in
sync, and when changes are made, still restart both/all dhcpd processes.

How have those who've deployed this managed this portion?    Or is this
simpler than what I'm thinking?     chris