[e-nsp] Interconnecting Summit 48i and Summit 48si

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Mon Jul 31 06:36:57 EDT 2006

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006, Nitin Bhagnari wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Has anyone ever faced a problem with interconnecting
> the above mentioned switches? There are ports 49 and
> 49R on the Summit48i but a single port 49 on the
> Summit48si and I am not sure how the fibre cables may
> be connected.

Just ignore the R ports on the 48i. Just connect cables from the 48si SFP
port to the 48i GBIC port making sure that TX goes to RX at the other end,
and it should work automatically.

The R ports are "redundant ports" and are not used if there is link on the
primary port. So basically the 48i can only have two working GBIC ports at
any given time.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se