[e-nsp] bpdu/access ports

Sylwester S. Biernacki obeer at obeer.com
Thu Oct 5 21:18:15 EDT 2006

Hello,

  I'd like to ask what are your idea to make cisco-like
  switchport mode access
  on extreme boxes. When I use untagged port and enable ignore-bpdu
  option and somebody will connect his switch to extreme box and try
  to send bpdu every bpdu packet goes to all ports, what is not
  exactly what I wanted :)

  When I use untagged port and disable ignore-bpdu option, switches
  connected to my extreme say they get bpdu on access port and put
  port into INCONSISTENT mode.

  disabling stpd is not the way out cause in such case bpdu packets
  are forwarded from other ports to every port in switch.

  I wonder what is your idea to configure sth like "bpdufilter enable"
  on port to not announce nor receive bpdu packets.

  Maybe it's too late at night or sth but I can't find that in
  documentation and there is no explanation how it should be done.

--
regards,
Sylwester S. Biernacki <obeer at obeer.com>