[e-nsp] Possibility to have several mirrorports in the same

Fetzer, Bryan BFetzer at bresnan.com
Mon Oct 30 12:54:47 EST 2006

Fredrik,
I just attempted to mirror more than one port on a Summit X450 running
XOS 11.5.2.8 .

X450switch.2 # enable mirroring to port 15
* X450switch.3 # enable mirroring to port 16
Error: Port mirroring already active on port 15
* X450switch.4 # show mirroring
Mirror port: 15 is down

* X450switch.8 # show ver
[serial snipped]
Image   : ExtremeWare XOS version 11.5.2.8 v1152b8 by release-manager
          on Sun Oct 8 22:05:19 PDT 2006
BootROM : 1.0.0.9

I'm wondering if I did some creative filtering if it would allow me to
mirror more than one port, but via the CLI and the documentation I just
don't see how its possible.

At this point unless someone else on this list has some better feedback,
it would probably be a good idea to start a TAC case with Extreme. The
1st level TAC is pretty helpful and should be able to give you a
definitive yes/no answer right away. I looked through the various XOS
concept guides and I simply can't find a good way to enable more than
one mirror port.

Bryan F

Message: 1