[e-nsp] Problem with vMAN and QinQ

Roger Wiklund copse at xy.org
Fri Apr 20 12:32:05 EDT 2007

Hi

I´ve been playing around with vMAN on my BD6808 and it seems to work as
expected.

config:

configure dot1q ethertype 0x88a8
enable jumbo-frames ports all
configure jumbo-frame size 9216
create vlan tunnel
configure vlan tunnel tag 444

and then tag/untag the vlan on the ports i use.

And then I try to add a Cisco 3550 with QinQ setup to my BD, with no
success.

As far as I understand Ciscos QinQ does not work the same way as Extremes
vMan. Cisco uses the ethertype 8100, and Extreme uses 0x88a8 as the outer
tag (from 802.1ad).

Is it possible to run both VLAN and vMAN at the same time on the BD6808?

Can you use several Cisco & Extreme switches and have them co-exist with
regular
L2 Q-trunk between them and use QinQ/vMan at the edges for customers?

Thanks

//Roger