[e-nsp] old Summit48 and 1000BaseT GBIC

Roger Wiklund copse at xy.org
Fri Feb 2 11:30:39 EST 2007

Are you sure Extreme supports 1000baseT GBICs?

I can´t find any 1000baseT GBICs on extremenetworks.com

Well if it does, it could be a 3d party problem. I´ve had some issues with
3d party GBICs on my Cisco 3750.

Possible workaround is to use SX/LX-GBIC and connect that to a
mediaconverter, fiber->copper. But that´s not really cost efficient, plus
it´s another possible source of error.