[e-nsp] Extreme

Aaron Wendel aaron at wholesaleinternet.com
Mon Jul 30 16:55:20 EDT 2007

What are you moving to?

Aaron

-----Original Message-----
From: extreme-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:extreme-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Jo Rhett
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 3:34 PM
To: Chris M
Cc: extreme-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [e-nsp] Extreme

On Jul 29, 2007, at 7:27 PM, Chris M wrote:
> Hi Jo, saw your post on Extreme switches and support issues.  We
> have them
> too and so we're in the process of getting rid of them. I refused
> to renew
> our contract last year.
>
> I have gotten rid of a lot so far but still have a Black Diamond
> 6808 with
> dual MSM64's in it that is running 6.1.x.  I need to find someone
> that has
> an Extreme login so I can snag newer code and bootrom code.  After
> I update
> the switch I want to sell it on eBay.  Can you help?

Nope.  We had so many open bug reports with Extreme last year that
they have decided that they don't want to renew our contract.  That's
right, we gave them too much work... on their own crappy code.  So
they somehow figure that refusing to renew the contract is better
than actually allocating resources to fixing the many and prevalent
and massive bugs in the CrapOS.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek