[e-nsp] Extremeware images

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Wed Jun 20 18:32:12 EDT 2007

On Jun 5, 2007, at 4:05 PM, Aaron Wendel wrote:
> The only argument that anyone has ever been able to get me on with
> regards
> to choosing cisco over extreme is the availability of support and
> updates.

"Availability of support" in particular competent support is exactly
why you shouldn't continue bothering with Extreme.  Cisco has a lot
of incompetent support, but competent support does exist and can be
found in their organizations.

We have more than a dozen crucial BGP-announcement-affecting bugs
that Extreme doesn't have the vaguest clue how to solve, including
the inability to prevent re-announcement of a default route even with
an explicit filter denying it.  No self-respecting NSP should bother
with the wallowing shell of a company that Extreme is today.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek

Silicon Valley Colocation