[e-nsp] Super strange issue

Gunjan GANDHI gunjan.gandhi at ericsson.com
Mon Oct 29 22:21:56 EDT 2007

The first thing that comes to mind is a broadcast storm. Are you sure
there are no L2 loops in your topology?

What is the box connected to?
Are you running any QoS, ping is a very bad method of determining
traffic behaviors as it is always Best Effort.
You talk about a outside box, I assume this is a client connected to the
switch. Is it possible to run mirroring on that port and observe the
traffic patterns when the ping times spike?

Cheers
//Gunjan