[e-nsp] vman compatibility

Ronald Nsubuga nsubugr at itxpertz.net
Thu Nov 20 02:55:18 EST 2008

Hello Laurent,

>            Does anyone know the compatibility of extreme networks VMan
> ethernet encapsulation with other vendors 802.1ad/QinQ ?

It's compatible and should be able to work with any other vendor
because it's an IEEE standard and implemented across, which model of
extreme networks are using?

> I've read 88a8 Ethertype is used which, i think, can't be understood by Cisco
> or Juniper which can use 8100/9100/9200...

Just out of curiosity do you have Jumbo frames enabled while OR before
configuring the Mac-in-Mac OR QinQ? STAG?

configure vman ethertype 0x9100 primary
configure vman ethertype 0x8100 secondary

Should be able to do the job.

Are you doing any multicasting?

--
Regards,

Ronald Nsubuga,
skype: nsptash

"I don't speak for anybody but myself - that's enough trouble"