[e-nsp] vman compatibility

Laurent HENRY (EHESS/CRI) Laurent.Henry at ehess.fr
Thu Nov 20 04:10:27 EST 2008

Hi and thank you.

What i want to do is enabling vman/qinq on the outside to tunnel my
internal vlans ID through my provider network with the 48si and catch it
back on another network across my provider's one the same way.

So in what i understand today, it would be necessary to validate dot1q
jumbo, adjust primary/secondary vman tags to make ethernet encapsulation
possible, and configure a suitable primary vman ID on my provider access
port, let's say on only port number 1.

By the way, other switch ports with internal classic dot1q trafic don't
have to change at all and still recognize 0x8100, changes just have to
apply to outside access port to cross another network.

As it seems,it does not seem possible that way with this i-chip then...