[e-nsp] vman compatibility

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Thu Nov 20 04:19:03 EST 2008

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008, Laurent HENRY (EHESS/CRI) wrote:

> What i want to do is enabling vman/qinq on the outside to tunnel my
> internal vlans ID through my provider network with the 48si and catch it
> back on another network across my provider's one the same way.

It's not a per port feature on i-chipset, it's per box. So effectively,
you have to do it at the CPE level if you don't want to change your core,
so your core uses 0x8100, CPE uses 0x9100, to encapsulate the customer
0x8100 traffic (three vlan tags).

This of course means you have to do management of the CPE within the
provider vlan.

> As it seems,it does not seem possible that way with this i-chip then...

Correct.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se