[e-nsp] Black Diamond 6608

Mike Louis MLouis at nwnit.com
Thu Sep 4 21:06:40 EDT 2008

The port goes 100-half auto

-----Original Message-----
From: Shankar <shankarp5 at gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 8:56 PM
To: Mike Louis <MLouis at nwnit.com>; extreme-nsp at puck.nether.net <extreme-nsp at puck.nether.net>
Subject: Re: [e-nsp] Black Diamond 6608

If its 24 ports, you are using G24T3 or if its 48 you are probably
using the F48T. Though autoneg functionality is driven by chipsets on
the IO cards, the functionality is driven by the register values on
these chips, which is programmable via software. So, there could be
bugs in those logics and they can be fixed with software upgrades.

However, its not clear what this particular user has been experiencing.
What happens, when you say it doesnt autonegotiate properly??

regards,
shankar