[e-nsp] stacking with 2 switches.

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Mon Feb 22 13:53:55 EST 2010

Fabian wrote:
> Hi Marcin,
>
> Did you enable the stacking on both X650?

yes, I did.

Slot-1 SummitStack-GZE.1 # show stacking
Stack Topology is a Ring
Active Topology is a Ring
Node MAC Address    Slot  Stack State  Role     Flags
------------------  ----  -----------  -------  ---
*00:04:96:36:c5:65  1     Active       Master   CA-
  00:04:96:36:c5:71  2     Active       Backup   CA-
* - Indicates this node
Flags:  (C) Candidate for this active topology, (A) Active Node
         (O) node may be in Other active topology
Slot-1 SummitStack-GZE.2 #

Slot-1 SummitStack-GZE.2 # show stacking detail
Stacking Node 00:04:96:36:c5:65 information:
    Current:
       Stacking                  : Enabled
       Role                      : Master
       Priority                  : Automatic
       Slot number               : 1
       Stack state               : Active
       Master capable?           : Yes
       License level restriction : <none>
       In active topology?       : Yes
       Factory MAC address       : 00:04:96:36:c5:65
       Stack MAC address         : 02:04:96:36:c5:65
       Alternate IP address      : <none>
       Alternate gateway         : <none>
       Stack Port 1:
          State                  : Operational
          Blocked?               : Yes
          Control path active?   : Yes
       Stack Port 2:
          State                  : Operational
          Blocked?               : No
          Control path active?   : Yes
    Configured:
       Stacking                  : Enabled
       Master capable?           : Yes
       Slot number               : 1
       Stack MAC address         : 02:04:96:36:c5:65
       License level restriction : <none>

Stacking Node 00:04:96:36:c5:71 information:
    Current:
       Stacking                  : Enabled
       Role                      : Backup
       Priority                  : Automatic
       Slot number               : 2
       Stack state               : Active
       Master capable?           : Yes
       License level restriction : <none>
       In active topology?       : Yes
       Factory MAC address       : 00:04:96:36:c5:71
       Stack MAC address         : 02:04:96:36:c5:65
       Alternate IP address      : <none>
       Alternate gateway         : <none>
       Stack Port 1:
          State                  : Operational
          Blocked?               : Yes
          Control path active?   : Yes
       Stack Port 2:
          State                  : Operational
          Blocked?               : No
          Control path active?   : Yes
    Configured:
       Stacking                  : Enabled
       Master capable?           : Yes
       Slot number               : 2
       Stack MAC address         : 02:04:96:36:c5:65
       License level restriction : <none>
Slot-1 SummitStack-GZE.3 #

Regards,
Marcin