[e-nsp] EAPS and STP

Jay Nakamura zeusdadog at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 21:36:44 EST 2010

I have a question about using STP and EAPS.

If, for example, I have 4 switches on EAPS ring.  A -> B -> C -> D -> back to A

A & B is at the same location.  If I enable STP on the protected VLAN
for ports not participating in the EAPS ring on switch A and B, and
accidentally connect a port from switch A and B together, STP won't
see a loop and block the port, would it?  (Since STP on each switch
doesn't see each other)

Is there a way to avoid a loop in this kind of topology while using
EAPS?  Or do I need to go back to RSTP and not use EAPS?

Thanks in advance!

-Jay