[e-nsp] EAPS and STP

Jay Nakamura zeusdadog at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 14:48:50 EST 2010

I am posting this so if anyone else encounters the same question, they
can find the answer.
According to Extreme support folks, indeed, if the two switches are on
the EAPS ring and you connect ports between the two, you can not avoid
a L2 loop even if those ports are running STP.  The solution is to
switch from EAPS to STP.