[e-nsp] Lots of "Rx Error" when running "show iparp"

F J ripprapp at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 23 17:15:48 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have an X450 switch with lots of servers connected to it. Some servers have shown strange behaviour when it comes to the ethernet link towards the switch.

When I run the: "show iparp" I noticed there is a lot of "RX Error" and the counter just keeps getting higher and higher.

Can anyone explain what this counter means?

Is it possible to see which port is causing the counter to rise?

What is usually the cause for this kind of problem?

SW-1 # sh iparp
VR            Destination      Mac                Age  Static  VLAN          VID   Port
VR-Default    192.168.0.1      00:16:3e:0b:00:01    2      NO  opc-123        11    1
VR-Default    192.168.63.2     00:16:3e:0b:01:02    7      NO  apc-3e        600   13

Dynamic Entries  :          21             Static Entries            :          0
Pending Entries  :           0
In Request       :        6866             In Response               :        764
Out Request      :         754             Out Response              :          1
Failed Requests  :           0
Proxy Answered   :           0
Rx Error         :       25576             Dup IP Addr               :         0.0.0.0
Rejected Count   :          44             Rejected IP               :      100.123.77.32
Rejected Port    :           1             Rejected I/F              : bkp

Max ARP entries  :        4096             Max ARP pending entries   :        256
ARP address check:    Enabled              ARP refresh               :    Enabled
Timeout          :          20 minutes
SW-1 #

Best Regards

//// Fredrik