[e-nsp] Lots of "Rx Error" when running "show iparp"

Heath Jones hj1980 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 18:04:24 EDT 2010

> I have Linux servers with network interfaces that suddenly stops working.
> The port will still be active in the Extreme switch but not in the server.
> Looking at the interfaces in the server it reports NO-CARRIER... (?)

Have you got both ends set to autonegotiate speed & duplex?
The recommendation from a lot of 'enterprisey' engineers is to always
have auto on. (never force).

> When running commands like "show port rxerrors/txerrors/collisions" no
> errors are reported at all.

Its interesting that the extreme switch is not seeing L2 errors.
CRC errors might be included in rxerrors on that platform.

How many servers are having this issue?