[e-nsp] Summit1i/5i firmware & Summit5i Full Layer 3 question

lausgans at gmail.com lausgans at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 13:51:00 EDT 2011

Hello, dear list.

I'm planning to catch an old EOL'd Summit5i switch for hobbyist needs.
I'm very interesting in getting the latest available ExtremeWare
firmware for, and besides a way to get it running in Full Layer 3 mode.
So questions and asks follows:
1) I will very kind if anybody will share the latest ExtremeWare for it
with me;
2) Is it possible to get it running Full Layer 3 mode (i.e. BGP4 and so
on) WITHOUT obtaining a license (11510)?;
3) Summit1i has in twice fewer ports but provides Full Layer 3 out of
a box, so maybe it will be better deal?

P.S.: If i want to get latest ExtremeWare in legal way, should i buy or
have an existing contract like with Foundry equipment?
Thanks much.