[e-nsp] 8800 hardware resource

Helios uraltel at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 21:58:44 EDT 2011

Good all day!
In a network I use 8806 as L3 the terminator. First of all the
platform 8800 has interested as resurso-distributed, that is on each
slot, each board - own hardware resources. In prodaction there are two
10G4Xa, on them are created different vlan divided on different
regions. But for some reason 8806 despite different vlan on different
slots, IPv4 the host occupies resources on both boards simultaneously.

sh iproute reserved-entries statistics
1 10G4Xa 207 0   7841  0 0 0 0 22
2 10G4Xa 207 0   7841  0 0 0 0 22

Because of it it turns out that restriction on all the chassis -
Theoretical maximum for each resource type 10G4Xa:
 # IPv4 Local Hosts - 8189

Help please, it turns out if I even install in this chassis 10G4Xc or
8900Xl the unit - all the same restriction HW IPv4 Host, on all
bundle, will be 8189? Read the documentation, release notes but hasn't
found as it is possible to solve a problem. ver XOS 12.5.4.5