[e-nsp] multicast issues

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Mon Oct 3 05:47:32 EDT 2011

hello,

my network is build on:
- x650 - center of the network
- many x450 (no x450a) on surrounding rings and branches
- some summit400 and one Alpine3804 in rings

Protection protocol - EAPS
SpanningTree is absolutely disabled in all core switches, so we don't
care about BPDU any more.

And, still we have some problems with multicasts.

My question is quite common, is there anyone of you having a network
based on Extreme and providing IPTV on multicasts ?
Did you ever have any issues, elements that I should focus on to make it
working well ?

At the moment I'am not sure if stream provider is not a reason of some
of the issues, however - it is important to know about experience with
extreme networks..

Regards,
Marcin