[e-nsp] x650 and MAC addresses missing in FDB ????

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Tue Oct 4 08:17:13 EDT 2011

hello,

I have noticed an issue, that sometimes some mac addresses are not
visible in FDB on x650 stack.

I have several x450 in chain-patch from customer and then x650 where
router is connected to.

I could see MAC addresses for particular hosts in all x450 chain, but it
was missing in x650 for most of the time. Then sometimes it appeard.

How do I catch them ? I'am monitoring unicast flooding on all vlans and
I have a lot of such cases...

EXOS release is 12.5.4.5 v1254b5-patch1-4
numer of MAC addresses in FDB osscilates around 14k max, but this is not
a problem because fdb capacity in x650 is 32k.

Nothing in logs..

It is not tooo nasty, but I'am wondering if it is not some bug that may
affect some other services, i.e. multicasts.

Regards,
Marcin