[e-nsp] Port not present na 480-24x

Michał Margula alchemyx at uznam.net.pl
Fri Jun 29 04:26:50 EDT 2012

Hello,

We're having trouble with one Extreme Networks X480-24x switch. Porst 25
and 26 (fixed ports, in front, where you put XFP) are having status
"Port not present" - NP. After connecting anything to them, LED on
chassis is lit, but there is no traffic passing.

PLIX2.1 # sh ports 25-26 no-refresh
Port Summary
Port  Display         VLAN Name          Port  Link  Speed  Duplex
#     String          (or # VLANs)       State State Actual Actual
25    Do-SW-PLIX1     (0006)              E     NP
26                                        E     NP
    Port State: D-Disabled, E-Enabled
    Link State: A-Active, R-Ready, NP-Port not present, L-Loopback,
                D-ELSM enabled but not up
                d-Ethernet OAM enabled but not up
PLIX2.2 # sh ports 25-26 config no-refresh
Port Configuration
Port     Virtual    Port  Link  Auto   Speed      Duplex   Flow  Load
Media
          router     State State Neg  Cfg Actual Cfg Actual Cntrl Master
Pri Red
Do-SW-PL>VR-Default  E     NP   OFF 10000       FULL
!XFP_LR
26       VR-Default  E     NP   OFF 10000       FULL                    NONE
           > indicates Port Display Name truncated past 8 characters
           Link State: A-Active R-Ready NP- Port not present L-Loopback
           Port State: D-Disabled, E-Enabled
           Media: !-Unsupported Optic Module
           Media Red: * - use "show port info detail" for redundant
media type

It happens after clearing out config, I tried also unconfigure stacking,
disable stacking and so on (but there is no word about stacking in
config). We are using OEM XFPs. We also have another switch, same model,
which works just fine. Swapping XFPs between them didn't change anything.

I appreciate your help,

Thanks!

--
Michał Margula, alchemyx at uznam.net.pl, http://alchemyx.uznam.net.pl/
"W życiu piękne są tylko chwile" [Ryszard Riedel]