[e-nsp] MPLS not coming back after link failure

Michał Margula alchemyx at uznam.net.pl
Mon Sep 10 22:18:28 EDT 2012

Hello,

We have simple configuration betweeen Extreme X460-24x and Cisco
6500-720-3bxl. Everything works fine, we have three VPWS defined.
Loopback addresses are exchanged via OSPF.

Trouble starts when link goes down, but in a way that Extreme doesn't
see it (because we have link between cities, which doesn't forward link
failures). So port on Extreme is UP, but on Cisco is DOWN.

After putting it into UP state again, LDP stops working - Extreme
doesn't see Cisco, Cisco doesn't see Extreme. To fix that we have two
solutions - reboot of Extreme, or disabling LDP on all affected VLANS
and then enabling it again.

Funny thing is if we don't reboot Extreme, BGP sessions have trouble
coming up (expired timers and so on), but L2 multicast for IPTV are
working just fine.

Any ideas? I think it is Extreme bug, but maybe not?

Thanks!

--
Michał Margula, alchemyx at uznam.net.pl, http://alchemyx.uznam.net.pl/
"W życiu piękne są tylko chwile" [Ryszard Riedel]