[e-nsp] x650 - hardware FDB table empty

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Tue Apr 16 05:10:52 EDT 2013

hello,

At the moment I have 3 sites with x650 switch.
All of them running 15.3.1.4 v1531b4-patch1-3

In main site, the problem is that hardware fdb table is not used !?
Hardware-learned entries:
MAC               VlanId    Flags Port  HIT    VPLS
Hardware-learned In-use count: 0
Num of msgs from FDB :              2258820

on the other sites, this table contains entries equal to what's on show
fdb stats.
I was trying to compare configs, there were some dhcp-snooping entries
for 2 vlans, but removing them didn't help out (or maybe it requires
reload ?)

My main problem is that at the level of ~16k mac addresses I have a lot
of unknow-unicast traffic that shouldn't be there.

oh - the only function that is in central site is - mirroring.

Anyone knows how to turn on hardware fdb table ?

Regards,
Marcin