[e-nsp] x650 - hardware FDB table empty

Erik Bais erik at bais.name
Tue Apr 16 05:27:27 EDT 2013

Hi Marcin,

If the hardware FDB is empty, you either do something specific which results in software switching only …

Which isn’t very likely …

You should see at least some entries in the HW FDB … if the switches are linked together, and you have something like LLDP or EDP running, you should at least see the other switch their FDB entries.

What are you trying to do with the devices and what is the config ?

And are you doing something specific in regards that you have disabled MAC learning for instance ? or enabled port security (1 mac per port limitation security feature) ?

Regards,
Erik Bais