[e-nsp] debugging fdb on x650 stack

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Wed Mar 13 08:38:08 EDT 2013

hello,

I have a fdb problem, that it doesn't learn some MAC addresses so it
generates unknown-unicast traffic.
There is a lot of such traffic (like 100Mbit/s in main site).
x650 (2 in stack) - 15.1.3.4 v1513b4-patch1-8
Slot-1 SummitStack-GZE.7 # show fdb stats

Total: 14762 Static: 0 Perm: 0 Dyn: 14762 Dropped: 0
FDB Aging time: 300
Slot-1 SummitStack-GZE.8 #

however, similar problem was observed on x450
12.4.5.3 v1245b3-patch1-6
Slot-1 SummitX450-Boguszowice.2 # show fdb stats

Total: 9152 Static: 0 Perm: 0 Dyn: 9152 Dropped: 0
FDB Aging time: 300
FDB VPLS Aging time: 300
Slot-1 SummitX450-Boguszowice.3 #

So, I tried to enable debugging of fdb messages on x650 and I receive:

* Slot-1 SummitStack-GZE.1 # configure log filter "DefaultFilter" add
events "FDB.error"
ERROR: Filter item your are trying to add is redundant, item not added.
Configuration failed on backup Node, command execution aborted!
* Slot-1 SummitStack-GZE.2 # configure log filter "DefaultFilter" add
events FDB.Fdb
   <event-condition>  Component condition add or delete
     "FDB.FdbCritical"      "FDB.FdbDebugSummary" "FDB.FdbDebugVerbose"
     "FDB.FdbError"         "FDB.FdbInfo" "FDB.FdbNotice"
* Slot-1 SummitStack-GZE.2 # configure log filter "DefaultFilter" add
events "FDB.FdbCritical"
ERROR: Filter item your are trying to add is redundant, item not added.
Configuration failed on backup Node, command execution aborted!
* Slot-1 SummitStack-GZE.3 #

How can I do it on a stack ?

Regards,
Marcin