[e-nsp] snmp problem

Marcin Kuczera marcin at leon.pl
Sat May 11 16:33:46 EDT 2013

On 2013-05-10 10:57, Pedro Serotto wrote:
> hi all,
> I have a couple of x670 in stack, I set up snmp, but sometimes it not
> answer to my monitor tool (cacti). Does someone has a similiar issue ?

Check CPU load.
If you have high bcm_RX or something, than you have a lot of traffic
towards CPU that may cause this behaviour.

We had this problem because on one VLAN we have around 800Mbit/s of
ethernet broadcasts (specyfic traffic - mirror from router forwarded
towards vlan).

This (broadcast to CPU even if VLAN is L2 only) is a bug admitted by
extreme, will be corrected one day ;)
In meantime we have a filter that blocks broadcasts to go to CPU on that
vlan.

Regards,
Marcin