[e-nsp] Extreme Networks Summit1iTx L3 switch delays ICMP traffic routed through the switch or addressed to the switch

Martin T m4rtntns at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 09:24:27 EDT 2014

Thanks for all the information! So in case the utilization of tBGTask
process is less than 90%, all the other IP traffic should suffer as
well? For some odd reason I didn't observe this. Based on my
tests(hping and custom-made script utilizing bash UDP and TCP
sockets), only the RTT of ICMP traffic increased while RTT for example
for UDP or TCP traffic did not change at the time when CPU utilization
of tBGTask was <90%.

thanks,
Martin