[F10-nsp] S50n problems w/ stacking,packet drops

David Rodgers david at davidrodgers.com
Fri Feb 26 15:23:03 EST 2010

I would say that it's definitely not normal and worth calling your rep about. It's probably worth mentioning that I've never considered their, or anyone else's for that matter,  stacking technology reliable enough to use in production. In environments that require more ports than an individual S50n I've usually moved up to bigger switches like the C or E series or  if that is too big a step connected the S50s and used 1g or 10g as uplink ports to bridge vlans depending on  bandwidth requirements or on occasion a 2410 spanning out to a number of S50s.

I'm sorry if this is not the answer you were looking for ... just my 2 bits.

David