[f-nsp] ServerIronXL 16 or 24 port questions..

Michael Bellears MBellears at staff.datafx.com.au
Wed Jun 23 21:15:06 EDT 2004

> It very much depends what you're trying to achieve, but does
> this help any?
> http://www.foundrynet.com/services/documentation/siug/ServerIr
> on_GSLB.ht
> ml#71178

It certainly does.

If I read correctly, ServerIron performing DNS proxying, responds to the
requesting client a list of Sites, and also moves the geographically
closest site to the top of the list - Does the Server Iron performing
the DNS proxying also keep a state record of the serving sites servers?
If not, and all servers at GSLB Site 1 Sunnyvale(From the diagram) were
down, wouldn't the requesting client get page cannot be displayed error?

If it the ServerIron performing DNS proxying does keep state records of
serving sites servers, then I can see no reason why I would need a
ServerIron at each location?

Thanks for the information also!

Regards,
MB