[f-nsp] Centralized Load balancing via 802.1q?

Tine Hutchison foundry-nsp at well-duh.net
Thu May 27 16:42:47 EDT 2004

I'm not a ServerIron expert and I must be missing something here.

If you're using the ServerIron's in routing mode, I'm not sure why you can't do
exactly what you're talking about.  Just put the ServerIron into the L3 path,
either directly above the customer and the 802.1q VLAN (the SI would be the
default g/w) or with a router in the middle.

Same thing with bridging mode.  You just have to make sure to put the SI in the
layer 2 path.

So... what am I missing here?

Tine