[f-nsp] Centralized Load balancing via 802.1q?

Matt Stockdale mstockda at logicworks.net
Thu May 27 16:52:47 EDT 2004

Routing mode? Maybe I've been missing something all along.. These
ServerIron XL's I have don't seem to have any routing features.. they
are load-balancing switches.. (which is probably the problem. If a
foundry router type device can do it, we're fine with that, we just
can't get Foundry support to commit to an answer)

Going through the documentation, I don't see any way to create a vlan
interface.. i.e, trunk up vlans 1-10 on ethernet 1, then create a
virtual interface on each vlan that I want to offer load balancing
services to?

Thanks,
  Matt

--