[f-nsp] Fw: Local and Remote Real Servers

Andy Fry Andy at familyfry.co.uk
Thu Nov 4 11:25:38 EST 2004

Mike, and anyone else who is interested...

It does appear that the serveriron is doing the trick. i.e. the local real
servers are filled to max-conn, then subsequent connections are sent to the
server remote-name.

Quite impressed with it really as a Big/IP stalwart that is.

My only problem now appears to be tweaking HTTP Keep-Alives to timeout in
such a way that once you get a succesful connection to the main site, you
keep it, and aren't presented with the too busy pages from the remote server
halfway through your transaction. Should be fun eh ?

Regards

Andy