[f-nsp] Serveriron xl - Def GW for real servers?

Michael Bellears MBellears at staff.datafx.com.au
Mon Oct 11 22:59:55 EDT 2004

Hi David,

> Just point the real server's default at the layer 3 vlan
> interface address (the VE interface).   Route the real
> server vlan prefix at the serveriron from your core
> router(s) and you'll be able to talk to the reals directly
> for management etc.

Thanks for the info.

I'm getting the following when attempting to configure the VE Int:

Telnet at ServerIron(config)#int ve 1
Please configure the ve before proceeding further

telnet at ServerIron(config)#ve
  ASCII string
telnet at ServerIron(config)#ve 2
telnet at ServerIron(config)#

It appears as though the ServerIron XL does not support Virtual Routing
Interfaces?

I am running ver 07.4.00T12

Regards,
MB