[f-nsp] Serveriron xl - Def GW for real servers?

Michael Bellears MBellears at staff.datafx.com.au
Tue Oct 12 19:47:15 EDT 2004

> Yah.  No VE's on the XL series.  You need to use server
> source-ip and ip-subnet vlans like so:

I thought so too, but David's suggestion works like a charm:

vlan 178 by port
  tagged ethe 1 to 2
   router-interface ve 3

Following this example, I just setup a test vlan3:

!
vlan 3 by port
 untagged ethe 2
  router-interface ve 3
!

Then could assign IP address to the ve int:

telnet at ServerIron(config)#in ve 3
telnet at ServerIron(config-vif-3)#ip ad
  A.B.C.D   IP address

Thanks again David!

Regards,
MB