[f-nsp] password break on fast iron 2

Clifton Royston cliftonr at tikitechnologies.com
Tue Sep 28 13:13:43 EDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 12:06:18PM -0500, Mike Carter wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> We just got a Fast iron2 as part of a Cisco package we brought in.  My
> Technician is not able to break the password on this system.  I Googled it
> and looked thru the archives with little success...is there a simple way to
> break the password?  Also wondering if there is even any market for
> these...this one has (1) F18GMR and (3) F124E's.  Maybe we skip the password
> break and toss this in the dumpster??????

  If it's like the ServerIron there's a procedure that's similar to the
Cisco one - power-cycle, break into the boot process by hitting enter
on the serial console, put in a not-so-secret secret command to make it
boot with no enable password, and then set a new password once you're
back in enable mode.

  We don't have any Fastirons here, but the Foundry products in general
are pretty good.  Not intending to start a war here, but I'd say
they're better than a lot of Cisco products when you weigh
price/performance.

  -- Clifton

          Clifton Royston  --  cliftonr at tikitechnologies.com
         Tiki Technologies Lead Programmer/Software Architect
Did you ever fly a kite in bed?  Did you ever walk with ten cats on your head?
  Did you ever milk this kind of cow?  Well we can do it.  We know how.
If you never did, you should.  These things are fun, and fun is good.
                                                                 -- Dr. Seuss