[f-nsp] using

Scott Weeks sweeks at sandiego.edu
Thu Sep 30 16:30:49 EDT 2004

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Bruce Rodger wrote:
:  On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Alex Sharaz wrote:

:  > quick question about tftp'ing config files off foundry kit onto a tftp
:  > server.

:  it's not really answering your question, but I've been using "rancid"
:  (http://www.shrubbery.net/rancid/) to back up all our foundry kit for
:  over a year. It's a tool to backup and archive configs, and it works
:  really well. It has modules for Foundry, Cisco, HP and many others.
:
:  Basically, it remotely logs on to each device regularly  - I do it
:  every hour - and grabs a copy of the config, and also the output from
:  show flash,show module,show chassis,show version
:
:  It then compares this with the previous result - if they're the same it
:  takes no further action, if anything has changed it (a) stores the
:  changes in a CVS archive, and (b) mails you the diffs.
:
:  So you always have a copy of all current configs, can roll back to any
:  previous version, and it's obvious when any config changes get made.

There is also the IronView Network Manager...

scott

x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x