[f-nsp] Any guide for moving configs from Cisco?

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at telecomplete.co.uk
Tue Apr 5 13:04:00 EDT 2005

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, Tuc wrote:

> > > 	Well, I did. I was told my devices didn't support BGP.... Thats
> > > weird :
> >
> > The FastIron itself does support BGP, however Foundry offers no support
> > for people running BGP on a FastIron, they do support BGP on BigIron's
> > and NetIrons.
> >
> 	Odd, when I was sold the units in mid-2002 I was told they'd do
> 3 full BGP tables, and much more. Shame on me for believing a salesperson.

Of course in mid-2002 the routing table was about 110000 prefixes compared to
the current 160000 and memory is the issue.. both with main memory and cam size.

Having said that, a FI couldnt handle it even in 2002.. you'd probably need to

Depending on your needs tho you may want to take a partial table..

Steve