[f-nsp] Boot Software for ServerIron

Matthew Walkup mwalkup at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 20:08:56 EDT 2005

All,

I thought Mike's question should be addressed anyways.

Basically on used equipment (he was right, I am using used/refurb hardware),
they will not allow you to have anything other than a Bronze contract
without re-certifying the ServerIron.  This wasn't an option because I
needed it this weekend.  They charge $595/year for a bronze support package.

Everyone was correct, they made me upgrade the main firmware to 7.3.06c,
then upgrade the boot firmware to boot version 7.3.00, then upgrade the main
firmware to 7.4.01c.  Not very complicated; just needed the software from
foundry.

Thanks all for your assistance, and good luck Michael ;).

- Matt