[f-nsp] BI8K system-max settings

Cliff Fogle Cliff at kodakgallery.com
Fri Aug 12 16:51:33 EDT 2005

Do a:

show default values

That will list them all out.

-----Original Message-----
From: foundry-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:foundry-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of bill hulley
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 6:53 AM
To: foundry-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: [f-nsp] BI8K system-max settings

Hi,

I've been trying to get some useful documentation about the various
system-max
system defaults settings out of Foundry (via our reseller) and have
not been getting
much luck.   Maybe someone here on the list might know.

We have a BI8000 (JetCore) in production running 07.6.05aT53 and a
couple of
FastIron 400s (JetCore) in our lab running the same software.   I've
been using
the FastIrons to do some memory sizing of the system-max parameters in
preparation of a reload of our production switch.

Most of the system-max parameters are pretty obvious (numbers of vlans,
routes
etc),   others have documentation, for example ip-filter-sys
session-limit etc.  But I
haven't been able to find anything about the ip-filter-port parameter.

Does anyone have any information they've received from Foundry about
this
parameter,  what its used for and why it appears to have such a large
impact on
system memory usage.

Any replies appreciated (including complaints about the quality of
Foundry documentation)

  -- bill.

--
Bill Hulley <bill.hulley at gmail.com>